Ideally for this you should really make your own candle melt, so I’ll explain first a couple of ways how to do that and then, if you cannot do that, you can simply use a black candle (solid colour not dipped).
To make your own:
Ecosoy wax flakes (100g should be plenty for 2/3 melts) and 5g of black candle dye, or alternatively break off a black candle and melt it again. You can then pour it in a specific wax melt container or use rubber molds (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE ) Melt safely in a heatproof container (a Pyrex jug is fine if melting the wax over water or you can buy a more professional candle wax melting pot).
Whichever way you use once melted then add:
– dried rosemary ( a couple of pinches)
– 4 drops of mandrake oil
– a pinch of ground nutmeg
– 4 drops of rose essential oil
Let it set properly (usually overnight) then use by melting slowly in an oil burner. Once used you can easily take off the hardened wax by putting the burner in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
This is something I LOVE to do (please be careful though!) because although I love buying ready-made candles, it simply adds to the ritual of making “special candles” like protection ones or spell candles.
Why wax melts and not candles you may ask?? Well because they are EASIER to make and the end result is the same ;), enjoy!
A few days ago while I was talking about psychic channeling to a group of people I was asked again what is grounding and what it consists of. Is it easy? Now I know I have posted about this before but, since this is a question I get asked over and over again, I thought instead of just one example I should post a few. I’ll keep it easy so even people who struggle with visualizing can do this.
Grounding signifies cleansing oneself and making sure roots are firmly anchored in this plane. It is very useful to ground during (and after) any psychic work, readings or simply when one feels really drained.
1) If you have a candle light one (safely please) and place it in front of you. Sit down and relax and breathe slowly. Then, as you stare at the flame, imagine the soft light coming towards you slowly. it slowly covers you and the whole of your body. You might feel warm at this point. Now imagine roots sprouting from your feet and reaching deep down into the earth. Imagine them rooting firmly into the center of the earth. Now slowly imagine the light returning to the candle.
2) When seated or lying down relax and take a couple of deep breaths. Now imagine white light starting like a ball on the top of your head and slowly descending to cover all of your body, from head to toe. Repeat the rooting visualization as above.
3) When in the shower (so nice and relaxed) imagine the shower head to be spraying white light instead of water. Imagine it covering all of your body and washing all negativity down the drain. Again repeat the rooting visualization.
These are 3 examples but you really can make up your own if you wish, not everyone uses white light some use pink, blue or green. However, to start, these are 3 simple ways to get you grounded 🙂
An uninvited guest (spirit in this case) won’t go away or is getting a bit too pesky?
Here are some tips:
– burn a white or pink candle. Cleanse it and bless it with oil (olive oil will do if it’s all you have else you can use Altar oil or Candle oil). Ask while you bless it for it to help cleanse the surroundings from all negative energies.
– leave half a glass of water with some agar-agar powder in each room.
– sprinkle kosher (or pure sea salt) in each room, in every corner (this method is not indicated if you have a haunting or a particular negative entity around since you would simply be locking it in).
– rose is a favourite Angel scent. So burn it in the form of incense, oils or whatever takes your fancy.
– get a smudge stick (if you haven’t one) and smudge each room thoroughly, for this sage or rosemary work best.
As an afterthought from my empathy post I wonder how many of us do anything about shielding ourselves and protecting from unwanted energies and influences. I get asked this question often: “How do I stop it?”, “How do I shield myself?”. Well there are plenty of suggestions should you just google it, however my suggestion is to find what works for you!
For example for me it is simple. I went through online meditations, courses etc. and in the end I had to find what worked for me and ft into my situation. We all lead different lives under different circumstances. So, as I said, my technique is simple:
Firstly I visualize a white light slowly coming dow from my crown chakra, and slowly spreading down to my whole body. This light I name as protecting, grounding and helping reflect any negative energies that will try to come in. Then I visualize golden roots, sprouting from my feet and going deep into the earth centre and rooting themselves firmly there. Then I emphasize on the white light still enveloping me and protecting me and then I give thanks. No matter what your beliefs are you can give thank as I do to Archangel Michael and Raphael for assisting or what you feel is most comfortable for you. The most important thing is to feel good about the whole process and stay in the light. It works for me so well I now do it everywhere when I feel I need to ground and protect :).